请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 outline
释义
outline /ˈaʊtlaɪn/ noun 1. the main ideas or facts about something, without the detailsadjectivesa broad/general outline The report gives a broad outline of the company’s plans.a basic outline I remembered the basic outline of the story, but not how it ended.a brief outline Each chapter begins with a brief outline of the topics covered.a rough outline (=not exact) Thompson gave me a rough outline of what had happened at the previous meeting.a clear outline The booklet gives a clear outline of the school’s philosophy.a vague outline (=not clear) In his speech, the new president gave only a vague outline of his future policies.the bare outline (=with no details at all) The book gives readers only the bare outline of Milton’s life.verbsgive (sb) an outline The leaflet gives you an outline of the Party’s main policies.provide an outline The first chapter provides an outline of the theory of evolution.prepositionsan outline of sth He begins with a brief outline of the aims of the research.in outline A plan has been agreed in outline.2. the line around the edge of something that you can seeadjectivesa vague/dim outline (=difficult to see) I could just see the vague outline of a house.a clear/sharp outline From the air, the clear outlines of bombed buildings can be seen.verbsdraw/sketch the outline of sth First, I draw the outline of the leaf on paper.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:23:48