请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 midnight
释义
midnight /ˈmɪdnaɪt/ noun 12 o’clock at nightphrasestwo minutes etc past/to midnight At twelve minutes past midnight he received a signal.at/on the stroke of midnight (=at exactly midnight) The book will go on sale at the stroke of midnight.the clock strikes midnight (=the clock makes twelve sounds at midnight) What will you be doing as the clock strikes midnight?midnight on Monday/Tuesday etc also midnight Monday/Tuesday etc AmE Campaigning officially started at midnight on Friday.midnight + nounsa midnight feast/snack The children had planned to have a midnight feast.a midnight walk/stroll I was just out for a midnight stroll.the midnight train I’m catching the midnight train to Paris.prepositions/adverbsat midnight The party began at 8 p.m. and finished at midnight.around/about midnight The rain stopped around midnight.after/before midnight He got back just after midnight.nearly/almost midnight I look at my watch and I see it’s nearly midnight.past/gone midnight (=after midnight) It was past midnight and he was getting tired.by midnight I’ll be home by midnight.until midnight The bar is open until midnight. Don’t say in the midnight or in midnight. Say at midnight if you mean “at 12 o’clock”: I heard the clock strike at midnight. If you mean “late at night”, use the phrase in the middle of the night: The telephone rang in the middle of the night.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:44:05