请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 fold
释义
fold /fəʊld $ foʊld/ verb to bend something such as paper or cloth, so that one part covers another partadverbsfold sth neatly Molly shook the crumbs off the tablecloth and folded it neatly.fold sth carefully He folded his clothes carefully and put them on the chair.fold sth tightly The note was written on a tightly folded piece of paper.nounsfold paper Fold the paper along the dotted line.fold a newspaper/map Stevens folded his newspaper and put it back in his briefcase.fold clothes/laundry Mom was folding laundry in the kitchen.fold a sheet/towel/napkin She showed me how to fold the napkin into a fan shape.fold your arms Henry folded his arms across his chest.prepositions/adverbsfold sth up Fold up your clothes – don’t just leave them on the floor.fold sth over/under/down etc Fold the paper over, so that you make the shape of a triangle. | The sheets on the bed were folded back, ready for me to get into bed.fold sth away (=fold something and put it away) I folded away the blankets.fold sth in half/two The letter will fit in the envelope if you fold it in half.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:00:26