请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 write
释义
write /raɪt/ verb 1. to put words on paper or on a computer screennounswrite a letter/email/message/note Laura wrote a long letter to Ross, saying how much she loved him.write a word/phrase/sentence There have been thousands of words written on this subject.write your name/address/phone number Please write your full name and address.write a book/novel/story She is planning to write a book about her experiences in Washington.write a play/poem Shakespeare wrote more than 30 plays.write a report/article/paper/essay I was interested in history, and enjoyed writing essays.write a list Write a list of the questions you want to ask.write a cheque BrE write a check AmE She wrote a cheque for £20 and handed it to him.adverbswell/beautifully written The book is beautifully written and there are some memorable descriptions.badly/poorly/terribly written The menu was badly written, and full of obvious mistakes.carefully written The document was carefully written to avoid admitting any responsibility.write sth clearly/neatly He wrote his name clearly in big letters so that everyone could read it.prepositions/adverbswrite to sb You should write to the company and complain.write about sth She writes about the lives of ordinary people.write of sth formal (=mention that something exists) The ancient historians wrote of a lost continent called ‘Atlantis’.write of sb/sth (=describe them in a particular way) His commanding officer wrote of him: '“He was one of the finest characters I have ever met.”write sth in a book/letter etc “I have nothing but good wishes for your country,” Gandhi wrote in a letter to President Roosevelt.write sth in English/German etc The book was written in French and translated into English.write sth on sth She wrote her name on the form.write for a newspaper/magazine He writes for the Sunday Times.write sth down (=write it on paper so that you can remember it) The police officer wrote down my address in his notebook.write sth out She wrote out the names of all the wedding guests.write back I’m still waiting for them to write back.GrammarYou can write someone a letter, or write (a letter) to someone. In American English, you can also say write someone: He wrote me the following day.THESAURUS: write put to write something in a particular place, or using particular words: I’ll put the date of the next meeting in my diary. | She wanted to tell him that she was sorry, but she wasn’t sure what to put. | After you have agreed a price, you should ask the company to put it in writing (=write what has been agreed, so that there is an official record). enter to write something on a computer: The first thing you need to do is enter your password. | Some of the information was incorrectly entered into the database. | The patients’ details are entered into a big database. type in/key in to write something on a computer: After you have typed in a document, it is important to make sure that you have saved it. | The results of the research are keyed in, so that the data can be analysed.Type in, key in, or enter?These words basically mean the same. Enter is often used about passwords and instructions to the computer. Type in/key in can be used about names and numbers, or about longer pieces of text. Type in/key in has the feeling of using your fingers on a keyboard, whereas with enter the emphasis is on the computer receiving the information or instructions you have given it. takenotes | minutes to write notes while someone is speaking or while something is happening, so that you can use them later: His lawyer was taking notes during the interview. | The secretary took the minutes of the meeting (=write down an official record of what is said).Instead of saying take notes, you can say make notes. signname | letter | card | form | agreement | contract | document | cheque to write your name at the end of something, especially to show that you wrote it or agree with it: Don’t forget to sign your name on the card. | The journal published a letter signed by 18 of the world’s top scientists. | The two leaders will meet to sign a peace agreement. | Read the contract carefully before you sign it. | He signed a cheque for £100,000. fill out/inform | application | questionnaire to write information on a form or other official document: You have to fill out a form to join the club. | I filled out an application for the job. | Students were asked to fill out a questionnaire about what they thought of the college food. transcribe formalwords | conversation | interview | notes | evidence to write something exactly as it was said or written: She was not absolutely sure that she had transcribed his words with total accuracy. | The conversations were transcribed and used as evidence. | The interviews will be recorded so that they can be later transcribed. | He was busy transcribing his notes from the lecture.to write something quickly or untidily jot downideas | thoughts | details | notes | list | figures | name to write something quickly, especially so that you can remember it and use it later: I’ve already jotted down a few ideas for my speech. | I took out my notebook and jotted down the details. | She jotted down a list of things she wanted to buy. | He began to jot down the figures in two columns. scribblenote | name | number | address | word to write something quickly and in an untidy way: His lawyer sat behind him scribbling notes. | He scribbled the name on his hand. | Mary hastily scribbled her telephone number on the back of an envelope. | She found a notepad and scribbled a few words in it. scrawlname | signature | word | note | graffiti to write something in a careless untidy way, which is often difficult to read: Caroline scrawled her signature on the form. | Someone had scrawled graffiti all over the walls. dash offletter | note | book | story to write something quickly, especially a letter or note to someone: He dashed off a quick letter saying that he would be pleased to accept the job. | Alvin dashed off a note to Edele Holtz about how wonderful the city was.2. to create a song or a piece of musicnounswrite a song The song was written by Bob Dylan.write the music Paul McCartney wrote the music.write the words/lyrics (=the words of a song) Tim Rice wrote the lyrics for the musical ‘Evita’.write the score/soundtrack (=the music for a film, musical, or show) Williams wrote the score for the film ‘Star Wars’.Write or compose?You write the words of a song, or you write a piece of music: The song was written by John Lennon. He was asked to write some music for the film.You compose a piece of music, especially classical music: The symphony was composed by Beethoven. Mozart composed his first opera at the age of 12.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:51:59