请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 verb
释义
verb /vɜːb $ vɜːrb/ noun a word that is used to say what someone or something does, for example ‘come’ or ‘see’adjectivesa transitive verb (=needing an object) ‘Produce’ is a transitive verb.an intransitive verb (=not needing an object) ‘Bleed’ is an intransitive verb.a regular/irregular verb (=following a regular pattern, or not following one) I try to learn the forms of all the irregular verbs.an active verb (=with the person or thing doing the action as the subject) Active verbs make your writing lively, personal, and direct.a passive verb (=with the person or thing that the action is done to as the subject) Passive verbs are used a lot in scientific writing.a singular/plural verb (=showing whether the subject is one thing or person or more) In British English, you can use a singular verb or a plural verb after ‘team’.a main verb If a sentence does not have a main verb, it is not a full sentence.a finite verb (=showing tense) ‘Was’ is a finite verb.an auxiliary verb (=a verb that is used with another verb, for example to form a tense) In English the auxiliary verbs are ‘be’, ‘do’, and ‘have’.a linking verb (=a verb that connects the subject of a sentence with a word that describes the subject) In the sentence ‘They look silly’, ‘look’ is a linking verb.a modal verb (=a verb such as ‘can’ or ‘may’ that is used with other verbs to express possibility, permission, intention etc) ‘May’ and ‘might’ are modal verbs.a phrasal verb (=a verb with an adverb or preposition after it, for example ‘set off’ or ‘look after’) The phrasal verb ‘give up’ has several different meanings.verb + nounsa verb form You have to choose the appropriate verb form.a verb ending (=the end part of a verb, which changes to show tense or person) The regular past tense verb ending in English is ‘-ed’.verbsa verb agrees with the subject In Arabic, all verbs agree with their subjects in gender and number.a verb inflects (=has different forms, for example to show tense and number) Greek verbs inflect for tense, person, and number.phrasesthe subject of a verb (=the noun or pronoun that comes before it) In the sentence ‘I like pizza’, ‘I’ is the subject of the verb.the object of a verb (=the noun or pronoun that comes after it) ‘The ball’ is the object of the verb in ‘I hit the ball.’
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:31:42