请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 travel
释义
verb | noun
travel1 /ˈtrævəl/ verb to go to a place, especially one that is far awayadverbsoften/frequently travel She frequently travels to Europe on business.travel abroad My dad sometimes has to travel abroad for his job.travel everywhere Ashley travels everywhere by bicycle.travel widely/extensively (=to many places) David had travelled extensively throughout Europe.travel light (=not take many things with you) I usually try to travel light, so that there is less to carry.travel alone/on your own/independently It is not safe for women to travel alone.prepositionstravel by train/car/air etc Emily hated travelling by plane.travel to somewhere I’ve always liked the idea of travelling to exotic places.travel across somewhere We travelled by train across Eastern Europe.travel with sb They are travelling with their two children.phrasesgo travelling BrE go traveling AmE He plans to go travelling for a year before university.travel the world (=go to many parts of the world) They wanted to travel the world together.travel the country (=go to many parts of a country) The band travelled the country singing in festivals and competitions.travel far and wide (=to many places, especially in order to find something) The chef has travelled far and wide to find recipes for his new book.THESAURUS: travel go to go somewhere – often used instead of travel: We’re going to Greece for our holidays this year. | He’s gone to London on business. | It’s quicker to go by plane. commute to travel to work or school: She commutes to work by bicycle. cross to travel across a very large area, for example a desert or ocean: They crossed the desert by camel. | The slaves crossed the Atlantic in the holds of the ships. tour to travel in order to visit many different places, especially as part of a holiday: They’re touring Europe by coach. go trekking to do a long and difficult walk in a place far from towns and cities: They went trekking in the mountains. | She’s been trekking in Nepal a couple of times. go backpacking to travel to a lot of different places, carrying your clothes with you in your rucksack: Mark went backpacking in Australia. roam especially written to travel or move around an area with no clear purpose or direction, usually for a long time: When he was young, he roamed from one country to another. | The tribes used to roam around freely, without any fixed territory. journey to travel, especially a long distance. Journey sounds rather formal and is mainly used in written descriptions: He journeyed to Italy to meet the Pope on behalf of his people. | She journeyed on horseback through Palestine. | They journeyed from city to city.
verb | noun
travel2 /ˈtrævəl/ noun the activity of travellingadjectives/nouns + travelair travel Air travel has become more popular in the last few years.rail travel The changes were introduced to make rail travel safer.bus/coach/car etc travel The price includes coach travel to and from the airport.foreign/international/overseas travel Her job involves a lot of foreign travel.long-distance travel Long-distance travel is becoming much more common these days.business travel People should share cars more for business travel.space travel He was interested in the history of space travel.travel + nounsthe travel industry The storms have affected the country’s travel industry badly.travel arrangements I’ll make all the travel arrangements.travel expenses/costs The company offered to pay my travel expenses.travel restrictions (=rules controlling who is allowed to travel) The journey would be difficult because of travel restrictions imposed by the government.a travel ban The spread of the disease could lead to a travel ban.travel documents (=passport, tickets etc) Make sure you keep your travel documents in your hand luggage.travel insurance Will the travel insurance pay out if you miss the flight?a travel book/guide Bali looks so lovely in the travel books.a travel writer He’s an award-winning travel writer.a travel brochure (=giving details of available holidays) We spent the evening looking through a pile of travel brochures.a travel agent (=a shop or company that arranges travel for customers) We booked the flight through a travel agent.travel sickness (=a sick feeling caused by travel) The tablets can be useful for people who suffer from travel sickness.prepositionstravel to a place Do US citizens need a visa for travel to India?travel from a place The tickets are also valid for rail travel from the airport.Travel, journey, or trip?Don’t confuse travel and journey or trip. You use travel about the activity of going to different places: I’ve always been interested in the idea of space travel. You use journey or trip about one time when you go from one place to another: Did you have a good trip/journey? Don’t say Did you have a good travel?phrasesa form/mode/method/means of travel I find the train a more comfortable mode of travel.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:22:15