请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 tap
释义
tap /tæp/ noun 1. especially BrE a piece of equipment for controlling the flow of water, gas etc from a pipe or containeradjectives/nouns + tapthe cold/hot tap She scrubbed her hands under the cold tap.the kitchen/bath/garden tap The water coming out of the kitchen tap looked cloudy.a mixer tap BrE (=one through which cold and hot water can run together) He fitted a mixer tap to the bath.a dripping tap I could hear a dripping tap.a running tap If you burn your finger, hold it under a running tap.a leaking/leaky tap (=with drops of water coming from the end) There were stains on the wall and the taps were leaky.verbsturn on a tap Run some cold water into the bath before turning on the hot tap.turn off a tap I forgot to turn the tap off.run a tap (=make water flow out of it) She stood at the sink, running the tap to get a glass of cold water.a tap is running (=water is flowing out of it) I think you must have left the tap running.a tap is dripping (=drops of water are coming out of it) The noise of the tap dripping kept me awake.tap + nounstap water (=water that comes out of a tap) I prefer drinking tap water, not bottled water.prepositionsunder a tap (=in the water flowing from a tap) Rinse your hands under the hot tap.Tap is used by British speakers. American speakers say faucet.2. an act of hitting something lightly, for example to get someone’s attentionadjectivesa gentle/little/soft tap There was a gentle tap on the door.a sharp tap (=quite hard and loud) Give the nail a few sharp taps with a hammer.verbsgive sth/sb a tap The woman gave the dog a gentle tap with her umbrella.hear a tap He heard a light tap on the window.feel a tap I felt a little tap on my arm.prepositionsa tap at sth There was a tap at the door.a tap on sth She gave him a quick tap on his shoulder.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 12:45:37