请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 skilful
释义
skilful BrE skillful AmE /ˈskɪlfəl/ adjective good at doing something, especially something that needs special ability or trainingnounsa skilful player/driver He is one of the team’s most skilful players.a skilful politician/diplomat She has the reputation of being a skillful politician.skilful use of sth I like the skilful use of colour in his paintings.prepositionsskilful at (doing) sth Delamotte became skilful at drawing.THESAURUS: skilful skilledworker | labour | workforce | staff | craftsman | professional | job | work | hands able to do a job well, because you have had a lot of experience and training: Skilled workers can earn a lot of money. | There is a shortage of skilled labour (=skilled workers). | The key to a successful modern economy is a well-educated and highly skilled workforce. | The chairman of the company says that they need skilled staff – there aren’t enough being trained. | The jewellery is made by skilled craftsmen. | The hotel staff are all skilled professionals. | Cutting glass is a skilled job. | In her skilled hands a snake of clay is shaped into a large jar. | Prison officers are skilled at handling prisoners.Skilled or skilful?These words are similar in meaning. Skilful means “good at doing something”. Skilled means “good at doing something because you have a lot of experience and training”. You also use skilled about jobs and work that need a lot of skill and experience.You say a skilled worker/workforce (not ‘a skilful one’). You say a skilled job or skilled work (not ‘skilful’). talentedplayer | musician | writer | artist | student having a natural ability to do something well: The team has some exceptionally talented young players. | His father was a highly talented musician, who dreamed of a career as a pianist. | She is one of the most talented writers working in English today. | Kahlo was an enormously talented artist. | The college say they are always looking for talented students. giftedchild | player | teacher | writer | student | musician having a great natural ability, which few people have: Her son goes to a special school for gifted children. | She is one of the game’s most gifted players. | I was lucky to have some exceptionally gifted teachers. | Williams described him as ‘a gifted writer who will be sadly missed’. | I could see from her essays that she was a gifted student. | Randy was one of the most gifted musicians I’ve ever heard. expertswimmer | skier | sailor | cook | horseman | horsewoman | staff extremely skilful because you have a lot of experience and knowledge about doing something: The people who live on the islands are expert swimmers. | With so many mountains and so much snow, it's not surprising that the Swiss have become expert skiers. | The captain was an expert sailor. | My mother was an expert cook and she served the most delicious meals. | He is an expert horseman and has been riding since he was a small boy. | She seemed to be an expert horsewoman. | Our team of expert staff can provide professional help and advice. | Politicians are expert at avoiding difficult questions. accomplishedartist | musician | pianist | singer | liar | writer | player | performer | actor very skilful because you have had a lot of experience of doing something: She was an accomplished artist who often had exhibitions at the Royal Academy. | Bechard was an accomplished musician, who played trumpet professionally in a jazz band. | White was a man of culture, and he was also an accomplished pianist. | An accomplished singer and guitarist, she also wrote poetry. | He was an accomplished liar and I knew that I couldn’t trust anything he said. | Banville was by now an experienced and accomplished writer. | Technically he is a very accomplished player, but he needs to build up his confidence. | Johnny Cougar is a talented songwriter and an accomplished performer. | Dane Jacobsen was one of the best known and most accomplished actors of his generation. | Her first detective novel was a highly accomplished piece of work. virtuosoperformance | display | guitarist | violinist | pianist | performer extremely skilful and impressive: Dustin Hoffman gives a virtuoso performance in the film. | Barcelona won the game with a virtuoso display of technical skill. | Atkins was a virtuoso guitarist who played with Elvis Presley. | Randy Brecker is a virtuoso performer who has many fine trumpet solos on record.Virtuoso (adjective) is only used before a noun.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/6/3 5:03:14