请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 restaurant
释义
restaurant /ˈrestərɒnt $ -rənt, -rɑːnt/ noun a place where you can buy and eat a mealadjectives/nouns + restauranta Chinese/Italian etc restaurant I booked a table at a local Italian restaurant.an expensive restaurant He took her out to an expensive restaurant.a trendy/fashionable restaurant The hotel is surrounded by elegant boutiques and trendy restaurants.a fancy restaurant informal (=expensive and fashionable) We went out to a fancy restaurant for our anniversary.a posh restaurant informal (=expensive and formal) I can’t afford to eat at posh restaurants on my salary.a fast-food restaurant (=one where you can get meals such as hamburgers, French fries etc) The High Street is full of fast-food restaurants.a self-service restaurant (=one where you collect the food yourself) You need to go up to the counter to get your food – it’s a self-service restaurant.a fish/seafood restaurant I went to a seafood restaurant by the harbour for lunch.a hotel restaurant We went downstairs for a meal in the hotel restaurant.a pizza/sushi etc restaurant She worked as a waitress in a pizza restaurant.verbs + restaurantgo to a restaurant We went to a little Italian restaurant near Covent Garden.take sb to a restaurant He’s taking me to a Japanese restaurant in town.eat at/in a restaurant also dine at/in a restaurant formal Have you eaten in this restaurant before?manage/run/operate a restaurant My husband and I ran a restaurant together.own a restaurant Her family owns a restaurant which she manages.open a restaurant (=start operating a new restaurant) He plans to open a chain of restaurants in the Midwest. | A new restaurant has just opened across the road.restaurant + verbsa restaurant serves sth The restaurant serves lunch from midday until 2.30.a restaurant specializes in sth Restaurants near the waterfront tend to specialize in seafood.restaurant + nounsa restaurant manager I asked to speak to the restaurant manager.restaurant meals There is a choice of bar snacks or restaurant meals.phrasesa chain of restaurants The company owns a chain of restaurants.THESAURUS: restaurant cafeteria also canteen BrE a place at work or school where you can have meals which are made there, often at low prices: I usually have lunch in the cafeteria. café/coffee shop a place where you can get coffee and other non-alcoholic drinks, cakes, and small meals: We stopped for a coffee in a little café off Oxford Street. diner AmE a restaurant where you can eat cheap and simple food: He had breakfast at the diner.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 13:44:18