请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 quote
释义
quote AC /kwəʊt $ kwoʊt/ verb to repeat exactly what someone else has said or writtenadverbsquote directly I am quoting directly from their report.much/frequently quoted (=often quoted) His complaints about the way the competition was organized have been much quoted.nounsquote a line/verse/phrase My uncle often used to quote these lines of poetry.quote a writer/author Kerry quoted the French writer André Gide: “Do not try to understand me too quickly.”quote a passage He quoted a passage from a speech by President Lincoln.quote a remark Rollins quoted a remark by James Joyce.quote a source (=someone who has told a reporter something, usually without giving their name) The newspaper quoted an anonymous source as saying the president was ‘furious“.prepositionsquote from sb/sth He quotes from the work of other writers.phrasesquote sth in full (=quote all the words) Her reply is worth quoting in full.quote at length from sb/sth (=quote a lot from something) He quotes at length from Stephen Bloom’s account of his childhood.quote sb as saying sth A military spokesman was quoted as saying that the border area is now safe.don’t quote me on that spoken I think he’s going to lose, but don’t quote me on that.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/5/20 13:26:29