请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 patience
释义
patience /ˈpeɪʃəns/ noun the ability to continue waiting, doing something, or accepting something without becoming angry or anxiousadjectivesgreat patience Painting by this method requires great patience.infinite/endless/unlimited patience She was lucky to have a maths teacher with infinite patience.verbs + patiencehave the patience to do sth He didn’t have the patience to wait until the weather improved.have no/little patience with sb I have no patience with people who complain all the time.lose patience (with sb) Eventually his family lost patience with him and his irresponsible behaviour.run out of patience (with sb) She was wonderful with the children, and never ran out of patience.show patience His employer has shown remarkable patience.take/need/require patience It takes time and patience to build up a new business. | Teaching children requires patience.try/test/tax sb’s patience (=make it difficult for someone to continue to be patient) The play was long, and tested the audience’s patience.stretch sb’s patience (=nearly make someone lose patience) The team is stretching the patience of its fans.exhaust sb’s patience (=make someone lose patience) He turned away from me, as if I had exhausted his patience.patience + verbssb’s patience is wearing thin (=they are becoming angry) People’s patience is wearing thin as the queues for visas get longer.sb’s patience snaps (=they suddenly show their anger) Celia’s patience snapped when he dropped a second glass of wine on the carpet.sb’s patience is rewarded (=they get what they were hoping and waiting to get) After two hours, their patience was rewarded and they saw the bird.phrasesthe patience of a saint (=very great patience) Those children would try the patience of a saint.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 11:04:21