请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 game
释义
game /ɡeɪm/ noun an activity in which you try to win according to agreed rules, or an occasion when a game is playedverbsplay a game They explained how to play the game.have a game BrE They were having a game of golf.see/watch a game Did you see the game last night?win/lose a game Our team won the game with a last-minute goal. | Arsenal lost the game because of a mistake by their goalkeeper.draw a game BrE (=end the game with the same score as the opposing team or player) We played badly and were lucky to draw the game.the game is tied (=both teams or players have the same score) The game was tied 10–10 at half-time.adjectives/nouns + gamea close/tight game (=when both teams or players play equally well and might win) It was a close game and we should have won it.a tough/hard game (=one that is hard to win) They are a good team, and it will be a very tough game for us.a card/board/ball game Bridge is a card game for four people. | When we couldn’t go outside because it was raining, we played board games.a computer/video game He was up all night playing computer games.a team game I wasn’t very good at team games when I was at school.a party game The kids had fun playing party games.indoor games There is a hall for indoor games and social functions.a basketball/baseball/football etc game AmE He was watching a baseball game on TV.a home game (=played at a team’s own sports field) Next Saturday Liverpool have a home game against Manchester United.an away game (=played at an opposing team’s sports field) We didn’t win any away games last season.a league game (=played as part of a league competition) There’s a big league game against Chelsea on Saturday.a cup game (=played as part of a cup competition) He hopes to play in the cup game on Wednesday.prepositionsa game of tennis/football etc We played another game of chess.a game against/with sb I watched their last game against Holland.phrasesthe rules of the game It’s against the rules of the game to pick up the ball.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:36:41