请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 fuss
释义
fuss /fʌs/ noun a lot of worry, anger, or excitement, usually about unimportant thingsadjectivesa big/great/huge fuss There was a big fuss when he couldn’t find the keys.unnecessary fuss I can’t understand all this unnecessary fuss.verbsmake/kick up/create a fuss There’s no need to make such a fuss.cause a fuss The new rules caused a lot of fuss.fuss surrounds sth After all the fuss that surrounded the film, I expected it to be really shocking.prepositionswithout (any) fuss The children went upstairs quietly and without any fuss.a fuss about/over sth There was a big fuss about who was going to sit at the head of the table.phrasesa (big) fuss about nothing People complained that the buildings would spoil the view, but it was all a big fuss about nothing.what all the fuss is about (=why people are worried, angry, or excited) It’s just a football game – I don’t understand what all the fuss is about.with little fuss The move took place with little fuss.with the minimum of fuss/with minimum fuss (=with hardly any problems or interruptions) The workmen did the job quickly and with the minimum of fuss.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 10:31:57