请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 fuel
释义
fuel /ˈfjuːəl/ noun a substance such as coal, gas, or oil that can be burned to produce heat or energyverbsuse fuel Our car uses a lot of fuel. run on fuel (=use fuel as the source of power) Will this engine run on unleaded fuel?run out of fuel (=have no more left) The ship ran out of fuel and drifted helplessly.fill up with fuel (=put fuel in a vehicle’s fuel tank) Before leaving, I filled up with fuel at the local petrol station.save fuel You can save fuel by driving more slowly.waste fuel The booklet gives helpful tips on how to avoid wasting fuel.adjectives/nouns + fuela fossil fuel (=a fuel such as coal or oil, produced by the gradual decaying of plants and animals) Global warming may be caused by burning fossil fuels.nuclear fuel What do we do with the spent nuclear fuel (=fuel which has been used)?solid fuel (=a solid substance, such as coal, that is used as a fuel) The number of homes using solid fuel for heating has decreased.domestic/household fuel (=used in a house) There has been a sharp rise in domestic fuel costs.a clean fuel (=that does not harm the environment) The proposal is to cut tax on cars that run on clean fuel.smokeless fuel (=that burns without producing smoke) The government is trying to encourage the use of environmentally friendly smokeless fuels.a green fuel (=a fuel that harms the environment as little as possible) Are green fuels, like biodiesel, really the solution to our fuel crisis?unleaded fuel (=that does not contain lead) Modern cars run on unleaded fuel.aviation fuel (=used by planes) high-octane aviation fuelBiofuel (= fuel made from plants, animal waste etc) is written as one word.fuel + nounsfuel costs/prices The increase in fuel costs is causing problems for many old people.sb’s fuel bill I wish there was some way to cut our fuel bill.a fuel tank (=a container for storing fuel) The fuel tank holds 14 gallons of petrol.a fuel gauge (=an instrument that shows how much fuel there is) I noticed the fuel gauge was on empty so I pulled into the nearest gas station.fuel consumption (=the amount used) Fuel consumption averages 54 miles per gallon.fuel economy/efficiency (=how well a vehicle uses fuel, without wasting any) Modern cars have much greater fuel economy.a fuel pump (=a machine that forces fuel into an engine) The car’s fuel pump was leaking.phrasessth is running low on fuel (=it does not have much fuel left) The plane was running low on fuel.
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:38:45