请输入您要查询的英文词组:

词组 dream
释义
dream /driːm/ noun 1. thoughts, images, and feelings you experience when you are asleepadjectivesa bad dream (=unpleasant or frightening) The movie gave the kids bad dreams.a strange/weird dream Sometimes I have a strange dream in which I try to speak but I can’t.a vivid dream (=very clear) The dream was so vivid I thought it was real.a recurring/recurrent dream (=that you have many times) I have a recurring dream that I’m trying to escape from somewhere.verbshave a dream I had a dream about you last night.wake from a dream also awake from a dream formal Suddenly she awoke from her dream.remember a dream It’s hard to remember your dreams if you don’t write them down.prepositionsa dream about sth I often have this dream about falling down the stairs.in a dream In my dream I flew to a forest of enormous trees.phrasesbe/seem like a dream (=seem unreal) That summer was so wonderful it seemed like a dream.Sweet dreams! (=said to someone who is going to bed) Good night, Sam! Sweet dreams!THESAURUS: dream nightmare a very unpleasant and frightening dream: She still has terrible nightmares about the accident. daydream a series of pleasant thoughts that go through your mind when you are awake, so that you do not notice what is happening around you: Neil was in a daydream, and didn’t hear the teacher call his name. reverie formal a state of imagining or thinking about pleasant things, that is like dreaming: The doorbell rang, shaking her from her reverie.2. something that you want very muchadjectives/nouns + dreambig/great dreams (=a wish to achieve great things) She was a little girl with big dreams.an impossible dream (=about something that cannot happen) Having a number one record had seemed an impossible dream.a childhood dream (=that you had when you were a child) I had a childhood dream of becoming an actor.a lifelong dream (=that you have had all your life) His lifelong dream had been to write a novel.a distant dream (=that it will take a long time to achieve) Peace in this area may still be a distant dream.broken/shattered dreams (=that will never come true) The team is on its way home, leaving its shattered dreams behind.verbshave a dream/dreams I had dreams of becoming a doctor.sb’s dream is to do sth Her dream is to make a movie.achieve/fulfil/realize a dream (=do or get what you want) He had finally achieved his dream of winning an Olympic gold medal. | I fulfilled a childhood dream when I became champion.live the dream (=be as famous or successful as you have always wanted to be) I’m living the dream, and I don’t want it to ever end.pursue/follow a dream (=try to do or get what you want) She left her home town to pursue her dreams.abandon a dream (=stop trying to do or get what you want) Remember, never abandon your dreams.shatter sb’s dreams (=end someone’s hopes of doing or getting what they want) Injury shattered his dreams of being able to play in the World Cup final.dream a dream literary (=have a wish) We can dream great dreams for ourselves and others.dream + nounsa dream home/holiday/job etc (=one you would very much like to have) Here’s how you can win a dream kitchen.a dream world You’re living in a dream world if you think this is going to work.prepositionsdreams of sth She had dreams of going to university.phrasesa dream comes true (=something you want happens) I’d always wanted to go to Africa and at last my dream came true.the man/woman/house etc of your dreams (=the perfect one for you) We can help you find the house of your dreams. | I have just met the man of my dreams!beyond your wildest dreams (=better or more than you ever hoped for) Suddenly he was wealthy beyond his wildest dreams.never/not in your wildest dreams (=used to say that you had never expected something to happen) Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would win the competition.THESAURUS: dream ambition something that you want to achieve and that you work hard to achieve, especially in your work: My ambition had always been to start my own business. | His problem is that he lacks ambition - he needs to find something that really interests him. aspirations the important things that people want from their lives – used especially about the things a society or a large group of people wants: It’s important that young people think seriously about their career aspirations. fantasy something exciting that you imagine happening to you, which is extremely unlikely to happen and often involves sex: I used to have fantasies about him when I was at school. | Not in my wildest fantasies did I ever think I would get the job (=used when you never expected something to happen). pipe dream a dream that is impossible or is extremely unlikely to happen: Is world peace no more than a pipe dream?
随便看

英语词组固定搭配大全包含4241条英汉双解词组,基本涵盖了全部常用英文词组、短语的翻译及用法,是英语学习的有利工具。

Copyright © 2004-2022 Newdu.com All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2024/9/21 14:34:27